Monday, November 9, 2009

Thanksgiving Care Packages

Yes ladies believe it or not Halloween just passed and Turkey Day is rapidly clucking it's way around the corner.

For those of us with deployed spouses a good portion of us will probably be trying to concoct a package to put together for our soldiers. If your anything like me then you admit that your creatively challenged when it comes to making cute care packages.

Thanks to a sweet lady named Jess on one of the military spouse forums I visit, I have the pleasure of showing you her "Thanksgiving Care Package" which I absolutely thought was so adorable and creative. I am sure the lucky recipient will enjoy.








Thanks Jess for allowing me to share pictures of your care package!

So next I know your thinking well what the heck can I put in this Thanksgiving care package?

I found a cool article with some great tips. Check it out here.

I also came across this list of ideas:
Thanksgiving box

* turkey spam
* cans for veggies
* can of cranberry
* Paper Plates
* cups
* Thanksgiving decorations from the dollar stores
* cute paper pumpkins from Halloween
The idea listed below comes from Bella Online

"Thanksgiving: This is always the hardest holiday for me to send packages since it mainly revolves around food. One idea that I’ve heard of others doing that I love is celebrating Thanksgiving early and placing a video camera in the chair where he would sit if he was there. Record the dinner, send him the tape and he can play the tape while he eats his own Thanksgiving dinner. Last Thanksgiving, I sent my soldier substitutes for the traditional dinner. For turkey, he received jerky; for rice, rice cakes; for corn, candy corn; for potatoes, potato chips; the list goes on. It was definitely the most creative package I have put together."

Now that we got the care package ideas out of the way I wanted to put up a reminder about sending care packages overseas. I know I personally have had to give myself a little tutorial on how to fill out customs forms several times. If you need a reminder check out Filling Out Customs Form For Care Packages

Lastly I wanted to post the information to get your FREE Military Care Package Shipping Kit:

Military Care Package Mailing Kit
Since Priority Mail service supplies are the packaging of choice for families preparing care packages for service members overseas, the USPS has created a "Mili-kit" based on the items most frequently requested by the military.
The kit contains:

* Three (3) each of flat rate boxes O-FRB1 and O-FRB2
* Two (2) each of Cube boxes OBOX7
* Address labels - Label # 228: 8 each
* Address labels - Label # 106-A: 1 each
* Customs FORM 2976-A: 8 EA.
* Customs FORM Envelope 2976-E: 8 EA.
To order your kit and have it delivered straight to your door call 1-800-610-8734 (Packing Supply)

* Choose your language (“1” is English, “2” is Spanish).
* Choose option 1 (it states it is for Express Mail service, Priority Mail or Global Express Guaranteed).
* When you reach a live agent, request “CAREKIT04.”
* Please allow 7-10 days for delivery.

Note: These are free supplies, postage must be affixed.
Also keep in mind FREE APO and FPO boxes can always be ordered by visiting the USPS site. The boxes will be delivered straight to your door.

I hope these Thanksgiving Care Package ideas are helpful to you and that you will share your ideas in the comments below.

Stay tuned for ideas on Christmas care packages which by the way need to be sent out soon to be received in time for Christmas.

Hooah & Smooches

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea -- something we all can do to help brighten a soldier's day. Even for those of us without a loved one in harm's way, these are great ideas. (I'm going to share them with my child's school, and see whether we can send some love overseas this year.)

    Thank you so much for your wonderful blog.

    - Julia at Midwest Moms

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for sharing this great idea for care packages. Been thinking of something to do for Christmas and with this I can get the whole family invovled. Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Midwest Mom I am glad that you enjoyed this post. I know our servicemembers are more then grateful for caring people like you. Thank You!

    Your welcome Ksatsky!
    Stay tuned because I will be listing Christmas Care Package ideas soon !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.